Thursday, March 10, 2005

More Middle East

I thought this blog was supposed to be about my roleplaying activities, and not the Middle East. But at the moment my activities are either boring or nonexisting, so you have to without them.

Firstly Israel

The Israeli Army frowns on Dungeons and Dragons we can read at www.ynetnews.com. I have never played D&D, nor have I been in any military. Both are probably needed, but definitely not fitting for people with my mindset. (And I don't mean this in a boasting "I'm too free of mind for you" way. I mostly mean that I'm lazy and unstructured.) It strucks me that they have strong similarities in their absolute hierarchy; in both systems you simply continue to get more powerful, gather more might or you die. This in stark contrast to normal society (or other, more modern games) where something in between is the more common reality. (Thanks to Fredrik for the link)

Then Iraq

You should all read Riverbends latest post where she writes about why Chalabi should have the Nobel peace prize. It doesn't matter if you don't care about Iraq, she's such an excellent writer that her control over the text is enough. And this time more poisonous than ever. It has nothing to do with RPG:s of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home