Tuesday, May 03, 2005

A late night note about a discussion

Eirik Fatland about Panopticorp
PanoptiCorp was, for me, an attempt to do something a bit more contemporary and a lot more light-hearted than - say - Kybergenesis, Europa or OB7. Something to show that LARP can deal with serious issues through play and humour rather than tears and existential crises. It failed.
The famous Mellan Himmel och Hav (right before I went into Larping, but it might have been too much for me anyway) was supposed to show happiness instead of angst in serious larp. A very good lajv, everyone say. But it kind of failed in the happiness department it seems, with some scenes getting extremely heavy and full of dark feelings. I think they even broke game once because it went too far.But I have heard different versions about this.

I guess Moira is going to try for something along this line. I think, they definitely try for something diffent, but I really haven't understood the goal of the game.

But this is not really my point for the moment. I really just want to say that I would like to make a lajv where half of the players are, let's say bosniaks, (the moslem population in Bosnia) and the second half are Swedish. They never speak a word of a common language and the two groups have extremely different roles, different in the hierarchical ladder, but als with totally different play. Nice, right?

Good night

1 Comments:

Blogger Sven Holmström said...

It wouldn't be the best way to meet, but disturbing. That is also always a goal not to be forgotten.

A Swedish-Turkish game featuring those two languages would be cool. Name, Kalabalık, of course.

5:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home