Friday, May 06, 2005

Orpheus and more

By the way, we heard from Bishop again

The Orpheus campaign is really good, and we have alot of good internal stories. But it's by far the the longest campaign I have ever played and I'm not too big on epic campaigns. It's simply getting a bit too long, but I'm still very curious of what will come. I usually like my characters best when they are new to me. As you easily get tired of yourslf, you get tired of old characters.

Actually there will be som Orpheus tomorrow too, only scenes of the more domestic kind. I'm really looking forward to the actually; they might be interesting. The background for the scenes are: Tadeusz (my character) and Nagi (Annas character) are a couple since quite a while. Nagi is not only former Orpheus agent, but also native american freedom fighter from a family full of native american freedom fighters, who all have quite some problems with white people, even when they are of Polish heritage. No my Tadeusz will try to be acknowledged by the family. We will do this in short, but probably quite intense scenes.

I still haven't decided how I will play, if Tadeusz will be diplomatic or aggressive. Anyway, i think might be interesting.

This won't take much time, I think. After this we will probably do a short play test of my and Jonas Johnny Bode - rollspelet (Johnny Bode - the Role PLaying Game). The version of the game that is existing now has been in existance for over a year, but has nevere been playtested, most dy to that everyone else around us always talk in extremely negative ways about this game. I really can't understand why they hate us just because we have had a few thoughts about creating a game that is neither basic roleplaying nor d20.

Anyway, now we have gathered the courage to try it out. Regardless of how it turns out I will push for a new playtest soon.

Meanwhile

In Istanbul Turkeys first IKEA opened today. Large cues were created immediately, as in all countries. They also prepare to open a store in Izmir, Turkeys third city. In Izmir they have Izmircon (to keep the rpg theme). IKEA is better on spreading around the globe than our RPG:s.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I usually like my characters best when they are new to me. As you easily get tired of yourslf, you get tired of old characters.

You could of course "re-invent" the character by adding things or modifying him. I'm not talking about a total make-over, little stuff like starting to question the way he lives or if what he's doing is the right thing. Also, and I'll lose both you and Barkå, you can always make a decision that is not something Tadeusz would normally do. Then you'll have to figure out, as a player, why he acted the way he did which could lead to a new feeling of exploration.

most dy to that everyone else around us always talk in extremely negative ways about this game. I really can't understand why they hate us just because we have had a few thoughts about creating a game that is neither basic roleplaying nor d20.

You wrote this to get a comment, right? Is this directed against the rest of thymus or someone else?

I really look forward to a playtested version of the rules; that would be really interesting. There's nothing like a playtest when trying to figure out what's working and what's not, and things are in my experience always broken before you have tested and corrected them.

1:11 am  
Blogger Sven Holmström said...

You could of course "re-invent" the character by adding things or modifying him. I'm not talking about a total make-over, little stuff like starting to question the way he lives or if what he's doing is the right thing. Also, and I'll lose both you and Barkå, you can always make a decision that is not something Tadeusz would normally do.

You are correct, as usually. This can very well be done and I will try some of that tomorrow. I will not really try to add something new, but more trying to really play on what I really see as his personality. Often I do him too nice. A guy that have done so terrible things as he has should not be as nice as I often depict him.

It will be interesting with the Bode playtest tomorrow. Anna was quite sceptic today and Kristoffer really didn't want to play it (and he won't). I think the game will be quite easy, but intense, but everyone we explain it to seems to have very different view.

I will tell tomorrow how it worked. (I still haven't written the scenario...will do that sometime tomorrow morning.)

1:46 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to know what Sven thought of the "meet the family"-scenes in Orpheus. I thought that Tadeusz would be more aggressive. If he hade he'd be thrown out immediately.

6:52 am  
Blogger Sven Holmström said...

Anna, I haven't seen this comment until now. Maybe he should have been more aggressive. As it was he was as reasonable he could be, and that's not how he is supposed to be.

But even he knows what would had happened if he was more aggressive. I guess he made a choice nad stuck with it.

Sometimes I'm thinking about letting him loose the grip and just fall back into old badness again. That would make the storytelling part much more complicated, though. I have to discuss this with Jonas.

5:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home